- Pete Collins is born.
- 20th January - Sam Pearson's friend Wally dies of pneumonia offscreen.
- 21st January - Marian Wilks leaves the village. (Last appearance of the character until 1978).
- 4th February - Wally's funeral takes place.
- 17th February - After quitting her job, Norah leaves the village. (Final appearance of the character)
- 18th February - After her mother is admitted to hospital, Sam Pearson's grandniece temporarily moves into Emmerdale Farm with the Sugdens. (First appearance of Rosemary Kendall).
- 24th February - Rosemary goes missing.
- 25th February - Rosemary is found by Joe Sugden and Matt Skilbeck.
- 11th March - First appearance of Ernie Shuttleworth.
- 17th March - Cracks begin appearing in The Mill, making it unsafe, but the building can not be demolished.
- 18th March - Kathy Davis returns to the village. (First appearance since 1974)
- 22nd April - James Bonfils leaves the village. (Final appearance of the character)
- 28th April - Annie Sugden goes missing.
- 30th April - Emily Kirk is born.
- 12th May - First appearance of Martin Gimbel.
- 20th May - Liz and Edward Ruskin leave the village. (Final appearance of Liz Ruskin and last appearance of Edward Ruskin until 1983)
- 20th July - Jai Sharma is born.
- 28th October - Jean and Rosemary are set to move to Middlesborough, but Rosemary decides to stay in Beckindale, leaving Jean to leave alone.
- 10th November - Final appearance of Jim Gimbel.
- 11th November - Final appearance of Freda Gimbel.
Real life eventsEdit
|←1974 1975 1976→|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.