- 12th January - Jack Sugden and Pat Merrick announce their engagement. Tom Merrick returns to the village. (First appearance since 1981)
- 14th January - Jack Sugden discovers he is Jackie Merrick's biological father.
- 19th January - Jackie Merrick discovers Jack Sugden is his biological father, not Tom Merrick as he had believed for the past 17 years.
- 11th February - The tyres on the Sugden family's land rover are slashed by an unknown culprit.
- 16th February - Jack Sugden and Tom Merrick fight over Jackie Merrick's paternity.
- 25th February - Tom Merrick leaves the village for Aberdeen. (Final appearance of the character until 1984)
- 18th March - New NY Estates estate manager Alan Turner arrives in the village. (First appearance of the character)
- 7th April - Ryan Lamb is born to Faye Lamb and Mark Wylde.
- 8th April - Sam Pearson collapses and is rushed to hospital after contracting pneumonia.
- 4th May - Dolly Skilbeck discovers she is pregnant.
- 6th May - Sam Pearson has a lung collapse and is operated on.
- 13th May - Emmerdale Farm's cattle stampede, destroying a fence and killing one of the cattle.
- 25th May - Chloe Atkinson is born.
- 5th October - Jack Sugden and Pat Merrick marry.
- 14th October - Jackie Merrick and Teddy Hooson fight when Teddy insults Jackie's mother Pat and his sister Sandie.
- 28th October - Dolly Skilbeck falls down the stairs at the Emmerdale Farm Barn Conversion.
- 18th November - Andy Longthorn is accidentally shot by Peter Mason.
- 23rd November - Jackie Merrick sets fire to the Merrick's caravan .
- 25th November - Jackie Merrick is arrested for setting the caravan on fire.
- 30th November - A paper boy falls off his bike, only just avoiding an NY Estates lorry driving through the village.
- 12th December - Jo Stiles is born.
- 14th December - Amos Brearly goes missing.
- 16th December - Amos is found by the Fell Rescue Team.
- 23rd December - Dolly Skilbeck gives birth to a son.
Real life eventsEdit
- 12th January - Emmerdale Farm returns following the 1981 ITV Strike.
- 8th April - Emmerdale Farm takes a short break and returns 4th May.
- 10th June - Emmerdale Farm takes a break and returns 14th September.
|←1981 1982 1983→|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.