|WELCOME TO THE EMMERDALE WIKIA|
- If you're new to the show, we recommend that you check out the General Information section first to get you up to speed with the creation, concept, general information and rough history of the show...
- ...and then delve into the archives by reading up on past Emmerdale episodes and find out about the characters who currently live in the village and those from days past...
- ...other than that we also recommend pages on the various cast and crew the show has had over the years if you want to dig into the magic behind the scenes.
|ON THIS DAY|
18th June 1987: Paolo continues to give Marian a hard time over Jack. Marian becomes annoyed by Francesca teasing Nicolo and warns Paolo to do something about it. Marian surprises Henry by arriving at the The Woolpack with Nicolo. Eric drowns his anger in the pub but can't resist making a remark about Marian and Paolo, leaving Alan puzzled. Henry softly quizzes Marian on what's wrong. She confides in Henry that she's no longer happy with Paolo but she will make it work for Nicolo's sake. She asks Henry if she and Nicolo can stay at The Woolpack for the night. Eric lurks outside the Rosettis' as Paolo goes to bed. When the light goes out, Eric lets himself into the house and grabs a pile of Paolo's expensive books. He accidentally drops one on the piano, waking Paolo and quickly exits leaving the books behind. Paolo investigates downstairs and discovers there has been an intruder. He quickly loads a gun and darts outside chasing after Eric. A gunshot rings out. The next morning, Francesca wakes to find her father missing and goes searching for him. A short distance from the house, she finds a gun on the floor before noticing her father lying motionless beside it. She runs off crying, finding Seth and Archie. Seth calls Henry and breaks the news to him who in turn breaks the news to Marian. They arrive in time to see Paolo being taken away in an ambulance. Henry stays with Francesca as Marian accompanies Paolo to the hospital. Annie breaks the news to Jack about Paolo. Eric calls Alan and apologises for his behaviour last night, insisting that he had a few drinks too many and barely remembers getting home. He hides his panic when Alan mentions Paolo's shooting. Marian arrives home and she and Francesca hug.
- For more information see Episode 1959 (28th March 1995)
If you're new to Wikia, please use the above links to get started.
If you already have editing experience, and you have an article relating to Emmerdale to contribute, use the box below to create it:
If you're looking to help with improvements or cleanup, you can start here:
Check out the community portal to see what the community is working on, to give feedback,
or just to say hi.
- Monday 10th June 7.00pm
- Friday 7th June 7.00pm
- Thursday 6th June 8.00pm
- Thursday 6th June 7.00pm
- Wednesday 5th June 7.00pm
- Tuesday 4th June 8.00pm
- Tuesday 4th June 7.00pm
|Where to Watch|
"If there are three wise men and a virgin in this village then I haven't seen them."
Refresh for another quote
|DID YOU KNOW...|
- ...that it took the programme almost 29 years to reach its 3000th episode, but due to the show moving to six episodes a week soon afterwards, it only took 10 years to double the total?
- ...that the programme has had two two-hander episodes, in 2000 and 2002?
- ...that Swedish band The Cardigans named their 1994 album 'Emmerdale' after becoming enamoured with the soap's name on a visit to the UK?
- ...that the programme has only ever had one live episode, which was broadcast on 17th October 2012 as part of the 40th anniversary celebrations.
- ...that Spice Girls's Mel B appeared as an extra numerous times throughout 1993 and 1994?