|WELCOME TO THE EMMERDALE WIKIA|
- If you're new to the show, we recommend that you check out the General Information section first to get you up to speed with the creation, concept, general information and rough history of the show...
- ...and then delve into the archives by reading up on past Emmerdale episodes and find out about the characters who currently live in the village and those from days past...
- ...other than that we also recommend pages on the various cast and crew the show has had over the years if you want to dig into the magic behind the scenes.
|ON THIS DAY|
17th September 2003: The day begins on an emotional note for Chris, having visited Joseph at boarding school in the knowledge that it may be the last time he sees his son before his death. Tearfully, Chris asks Zoe to take care of Joseph after his demise. Reasserting his overwhelming hatred for Charity he says that he’d rather see the bitch dead than get one penny from him. Charity, on the other hand, has high hopes regarding the pending liaison with Chris, even borrowing money from Debbie for the hairdressers in a bid to impress. Having witnessed Chris’s state of mind, both Terry and Zoe offer to keep him company in the evening, however Chris insists they go to talent night at The Woolpack. However before sending his right-hand-man away Chris thanks him for all his support over the past weeks. When Charity arrives dressed up to the nines Chris is unimpressed with her efforts. Inviting her in to finalise the details of their break-up he offers Charity a glass of champagne for old times sake. Meanwhile, back at the Dingles, Cain’s infuriated by the news that Charity is planning to win back Chris’s affections. Having bullied Debbie into revealing her mother’s whereabouts he sets off in the direction of Home Farm in a rage. Bursting into the house a fight soon erupts between him and Charity. Chris frightens the intruder away by lying about the police being called. The Dingle isn’t giving up that easy however as he collects a knife from home and drives straight back up to Home Farm threatening to kill both Charity and Chris. Alone, Chris admits that he loved Charity to distraction when they first met, but must have been insane, as all he feels now is pure hatred. Sending Charity out the room to fetch his cheque book, Chris surreptitiously switches his champagne glass with another filled with poison and calls the police to report that his wife has broken in and is threatening him. With both glasses re-filled Chris offers a toast to the death of their marriage. Having downed the champagne, along with the poisonous substance, Chris collapses on the floor with blood pouring from his mouth while Charity watches in horror. When Cain returns he finds Charity crying hysterically over Chris’s limp body. Hearing sirens outside Cain grabs some valuables and leaves an inconsolable Charity to be taken away by the police.
- For more information see Episode 3536 (17th September 2003)
If you're new to Wikia, please use the above links to get started.
If you already have editing experience, and you have an article relating to Emmerdale to contribute, use the box below to create it:
If you're looking to help with improvements or cleanup, you can start here:
Check out the community portal to see what the community is working on, to give feedback,
or just to say hi.
- Friday 13th September 7.00pm
- Thursday 12th September 8.00pm
- Thursday 12th September 7.00pm
- Wednesday 11th September 7.00pm
- Monday 9th September 7.00pm
|Where to Watch|
"Y'know it doesn't look good for business. They'll think we're holding our own cremations."
|Vanessa Woodfield on Paddy Kirk's barbeque at Smithy Cottage next to the Vet's Surgery|
Refresh for another quote
|DID YOU KNOW...|
- ...that it took the programme almost 29 years to reach its 3000th episode, but due to the show moving to six episodes a week soon afterwards, it only took 10 years to double the total?
- ...that the programme has had two two-hander episodes, in 2000 and 2002?
- ...that Swedish band The Cardigans named their 1994 album 'Emmerdale' after becoming enamoured with the soap's name on a visit to the UK?
- ...that the programme has only ever had one live episode, which was broadcast on 17th October 2012 as part of the 40th anniversary celebrations.
- ...that Spice Girls's Mel B appeared as an extra numerous times throughout 1993 and 1994?