Australia (officially the Commonwealth of Australia) is a sovereign state located in the continent of Oceania. As a former British colony and current member of the Commonwealth, Australia has a close relationship with the United Kingdom, which explains why it is a popularly-mentioned destination in Emmerdale. The country is home to over 20 million people, and considered most famous for its "barbies", beaches, and unrelenting sunshine, as well as the deadly Outback, and the perceived wild nature of the native Aussies.
- 1994 - Lynn Whiteley and her son, Peter, move to Australia to live with Sven Olsen .
- 1999 - Alice Bates moves to Australia to live with Elsa Feldmann.
- 2001 - Kathy Tate (Malandra Burrows) leaves the village to emigrate to Australia to be nearer to her niece, Alice. There, she remarried and had a daughter. Kathy continues to reside in Australia with her family as of today.
- 2005 - While travelling back from Australia with Kathy, Seth Armstrong dies on board the flight. His body is taken back to Emmerdale and is buried in a secret plot in the woods by Betty Eagleton and friends.
- 2013 - Bernice Blackstock's ex-husband Charlie and their daughter Dee Dee moved to Australia after their marriage broke down.
- 2015 - Having gone to and fro Australia for many years, Betty opts to emigrate to Australia permanently to settle down with her new flame, Reuben Archibald.
- 2018 - Sandy Thomas and his new friend Maisie move to Australia to live with Betty.
- 2019 - Bernice moved to Australia with Dee Dee to support her after her father got in a bad car accident.
- 2020 - Sandy Thomas passes away from natural causes. The Thomas family travels to Australia for his funeral. Betty offers Doug Potts Sandy's old apartment and he decided to move there.