Daniel "Danny" Benedict Miller (born 2nd January 1991 in Stockport, Greater Manchester) is an English actor who appeared in Emmerdale as Aaron Dingle between November 2008 and April 2012 and again from August 2014 onward.
Still relatively new to television, Miller won his first major role in 2007, when he played Kyle Brown in the long-running BBC children's show Grange Hill. He followed this in 2008 with his most prominent role, being the second actor to portray Aaron Livesy on Emmerdale. In late 2011 it was announced Miller was departing his role as Aaron, and his exit was broadcast in April 2012. He went on to have roles in Lightfields, Jamaica Inn and two series of Scott & Bailey before it was announced Danny was reprising his role as Aaron. Danny returned onscreen in August 2014.
In 2011, motivated by former producer Gavin Blyth's death, Danny and his friend Daniel Jillings set up a charity 'Once Upon a Smile' to support the families who have recently lost a loved one.
He has won the following awards for his work on Emmerdale-
- 2011 All About Soap Awards- Best Actor
- 2010, 2011 & 2017 Inside Soap Awards- Best Actor
- 2010 TV Times Awards- Favourite Newcomer
- 2010 & 2011 Inside Soap Awards- Best Dramatic Performance
- 2011, 2012 & 2016 British Soap Awards- Best Actor
- 2011, 2016 & 2017 TV Times Awards- Favourite Soap Star
- 2016 British Soap Awards- Best Male Dramatic Performance
- 2016 Inside Soap Awards- Best Partnership (with Ryan Hawley)
- 2016 TV Choice Awards- Best Soap Actor
- 2011 & 2017 Digital Spy Reader Awards- Best Actor
- 2018 Inside Soap Awards- Soap Superstar Male