List of owners and residentsEdit
Emmerdale Farm was owned by the Miffield Estate and leased to Jacob Sugden. When Jacob died in 1972, his eldest son Jack Sugden inherited the lease. Jack decided to break up the lease of the farm to the rest of the family, giving equal parts to Sam Pearson, Annie Sugden, Peggy Skilbeck and Joe Sugden. Sam decided he didn't want his part in the farm and sold to Henry Wilks.
In January 1993, Jack's tractor fell into a sinkhole and doors at the farm would not open properly. A surveyor was bought in and said the farmhouse and nearby land was suffering from subsidence, so he told Jack and his family to move out of the farmhouse as soon as possible. They did so in February 1993 and moved into Hawthorn Cottage. Much of the original Emmerdale Farm land would still be farmed on. Annie was shocked when she returned from holiday in March 1993 to find the farm abandoned.
- 1915-1972 - Jacob Sugden
- c.1945-1994 - Annie Sugden
- c.1945-1984 - Sam Pearson
- 1946-1973 - Peggy Skilbeck
- 1947-1964, 1972-1973, 1976, 1980-1997 - Jack Sugden
- 1949-1983, 1986-1994 - Joe Sugden
- c.1969-1989 - Matt Skilbeck
- 1975-1976 - Rosemary Kendall
- According to Alison Gibbons, the farm was a "couple of miles [from Beckindale] up Langfold Road". Jack Sugden said one of the boundaries of the farmland runs along the Connelton Road, between Stony Lane and Verney's Oak. Matt Skilbeck stated that the farm is "the other side of the village" to Home Farm. 
- The farm was stated to have about 280 acres of land.
- In early 1993, the original farmhouse had to be written out because farmer Arthur Peel retired, and the new owners of the real-life farm, Lindley Farm, did not want filming to continue on their land. Therefore a storyline was written where Jack Sugden's tractor fell down a hole, also the bathroom door jammed, and when a surveyor was called in he said the farm was suffering from subsidence, leading to the farmhouse having to be vacated as it was too dangerous to live in.
- Arthur Peel died in 1994 aged 71, and was said to have appeared as an extra in Emmerdale Farm in the background.
- Three characters have died on the property; Peggy Skilbeck in 1973, Sam Pearson in 1984 and Denis Rigg in 1989.