|WELCOME TO THE EMMERDALE WIKIA|
- If you're new to the show, we recommend that you check out the General Information section first to get you up to speed with the creation, concept, general information and rough history of the show...
- ...and then delve into the archives by reading up on past Emmerdale episodes and find out about the characters who currently live in the village and those from days past...
- ...other than that we also recommend pages on the various cast and crew the show has had over the years if you want to dig into the magic behind the scenes.
|ON THIS DAY|
23rd May 1978: Antony thinks the schoolchildren should take an interest in local history and wants to use the discovery of the skull to encourage them. He tells Donald he's settling in but is apprehensive about the upcoming musical as he has no musical knowledge himself. Donald suggests he should speak to Sam. Sam isn't pleased about being asked to help Antony with the school musical and bluntly turns it down. Antony discovers that Seth can't read. He offers to teach him. Seth agrees provided it's kept secret. Sam walks in on Antony teaching Seth to read. Donald has done some research in the parish records on the human skull and accompanying locket found and has discovered that Hannah Elizabeth was the daughter of Elizabeth and Samuel Gough. He shows Antony a gravestone in the cemetery dated '1801' that pays memorial to both Elizabeth and Samuel Gough who died of smallpox. Donald tells Antony, Henry and Amos that he scoured the records for information on Hannah Elizabeth and there is no information on her past 1880. Amos plans to ask families if they had a 'Hannah' in their family.
- For more information see Episode 451 (23rd May 1978)
If you're new to Wikia, please use the above links to get started.
If you already have editing experience, and you have an article relating to Emmerdale to contribute, use the box below to create it:
If you're looking to help with improvements or cleanup, you can start here:
Check out the community portal to see what the community is working on, to give feedback,
or just to say hi.
- Wednesday 22nd May 7.00pm
- Tuesday 21st May 8.00pm
- Tuesday 21st May 7.00pm
- Monday 20th May 7.00pm
- Friday 17th May 7.00pm
- Thursday 16th May 8.00pm
- Thursday 16th May 7.00pm
|Where to Watch|
"Oh look, it's like Romeo & Juliet but with more slags."
|Chas Dingle about Debbie Dingle and Cameron Murray|
Refresh for another quote
|DID YOU KNOW...|
- ...that it took the programme almost 29 years to reach its 3000th episode, but due to the show moving to six episodes a week soon afterwards, it only took 10 years to double the total?
- ...that the programme has had two two-hander episodes, in 2000 and 2002?
- ...that Swedish band The Cardigans named their 1994 album 'Emmerdale' after becoming enamoured with the soap's name on a visit to the UK?
- ...that the programme has only ever had one live episode, which was broadcast on 17th October 2012 as part of the 40th anniversary celebrations.
- ...that Spice Girls's Mel B appeared as an extra numerous times throughout 1993 and 1994?