|WELCOME TO THE EMMERDALE WIKIA|
- If you're new to the show, we recommend that you check out the General Information section first to get you up to speed with the creation, concept, general information and rough history of the show...
- ...and then delve into the archives by reading up on past Emmerdale episodes and find out about the characters who currently live in the village and those from days past...
- ...other than that we also recommend pages on the various cast and crew the show has had over the years if you want to dig into the magic behind the scenes.
|ON THIS DAY|
17th August 1993: Archie tries to obtain advice from Rachel for Zoe. He covers that he has a friend who is having difficulty coming to terms with being gay and asks her if she could bring some of her gay friends from university to the barbecue. Rachel agrees, quietly suspecting that Archie is covering for himself. Zoe makes an effort to talk to Frank but finds herself arguing with him again over Chris, Kim and Kathy being out to get him. She lays into him, saying that he's too busy drinking and wallowing in self pity to notice that she needs him before walking out. Rachel tells Mark and Debbie about Archie's conversation. They wonder if his relationship with Zoe fell apart because he is gay. Zoe returns to Home Farm after she has calmed down. Frank tries to get her to open up to him, acknowledging he hasn't been the easiest person to be around recently and points out he's sober now. She apologises for getting angry with him saying that she's been meaning to talk to him so many times but could never find the right moment. She reminds Frank of her friend, Laura, and informs him that Laura is gay. She explains how she went over to her place one night and Laura made a pass at her but she made her excuses and left. She tells Frank that she liked Laura but got scared. Frank realises what Zoe is saying and refuses to believe she is gay. He resumes drinking. Zoe admits to Frank that she tried to make things work with Archie in order to reassure herself she was straight but couldn't go on living a lie. She explains Archie already knows. Frank tells her he is devastated and asks for time to process the news. She walks out to get some air. Shortly afterwards, he places his glass down and follows her outside. She regrets coming back to Beckindale but Frank insists he doesn't want her to go. He tells her he's proud of her and promises to support her.
- For more information see Episode 1791 (17th August 1993)
If you're new to Wikia, please use the above links to get started.
If you already have editing experience, and you have an article relating to Emmerdale to contribute, use the box below to create it:
If you're looking to help with improvements or cleanup, you can start here:
Check out the community portal to see what the community is working on, to give feedback,
or just to say hi.
- Monday 5th August 7.00pm
- Friday 2nd August 7.00pm
- Thursday 1st August 8.00pm
- Thursday 1st August 7.00pm
- Wednesday 31st July 7.00pm
- Tuesday 30th July 8.00pm
- Tuesday 30th July 7.00pm
|Where to Watch|
"That's what I like about village life. It's the feeling of belonging, of continuity."
Refresh for another quote
|DID YOU KNOW...|
- ...that it took the programme almost 29 years to reach its 3000th episode, but due to the show moving to six episodes a week soon afterwards, it only took 10 years to double the total?
- ...that the programme has had two two-hander episodes, in 2000 and 2002?
- ...that Swedish band The Cardigans named their 1994 album 'Emmerdale' after becoming enamoured with the soap's name on a visit to the UK?
- ...that the programme has only ever had one live episode, which was broadcast on 17th October 2012 as part of the 40th anniversary celebrations.
- ...that Spice Girls's Mel B appeared as an extra numerous times throughout 1993 and 1994?