This page lists policies relating to Emmerdale Wiki. Please follow them for benefit of all our wiki users and if you have any questions, please contact an administrator.
1. Be respectful. Please respect the views of users and don't engage in heated arguments. We're all fans of Emmerdale here, let's have constructive debate! Any problems, please contact an administrator. This wiki operates by the rules of the wiki and of Fandom/Gamepedia in general.
2. Keep things appropriate. Please keep language appropriate for the wiki. We want to be inclusive of as many users as possible, of different ages and backgrounds.
3. BE BOLD! Please edit pages. Go ahead, it's a wiki! A wiki is a community vision and thus you have every right to correct spelling and grammar and add any new details on a topic. If there is a particularly big thing to be changed or if you are ever in doubt please contact an administrator.
4. Please format articles appropriately. It is important articles on the wiki look good and consistent. Please look at other articles for guidance on how to structure new articles you want to create (please do create articles!) or, if you have any questions, please contact an administrator.
5. Use edit summaries. These allow editors and admins to know the purpose of the change you made and makes it easier for us to understand the edit. The chances are the edit you have made is perfectly fine and will help the wiki greatly, this is just for extra safety!
6. Use the preview button. This helps prevent edit conflicts and mistakes, and allows you to see what your edit looks like before publishing.
7. Use the proper Discussions category for discussions. We have plenty of categories to keep things organised in different categories, please keep conversation in appropriate categories.
8. Please listen to admins. Admins are volunteers. They want to make the wiki the most accessible place possible. Please treat them with respect and listen to any instructions they give. Infringements may result in a block
9. Use common sense, be sensible. Very often situations run on a case-by-case basis and the rules cannot cover everything. If you are worried saying or doing something might break the rules, then the chances are it will.
10. When in doubt... ask an admin! If you ever have any doubts as to whether what you are doing on the wiki is helpful or appropriate, please feel free to contact an administrator who can confirm what you are doing and help you keep on the right track.
These rules are for the benefit of everyone and all there to make sure the wiki is as safe (and fun!) as possible. Happy editing everyone!