In the aftermath of Pat's funeral, Jack has grown further and further from his family - and closer to breaking point. Tom offers to give Janie a lift to the train station. Tom says to Jack he did not come for him but for Jackie, Sandie and Pat. Tom says a cutting remark to Jack about his marriage to Pat and Jack takes umbrage. Tom gets in the car with Janie and drives away. Jack reaches breaking point as he abandons the tractor in a field and goes wandering, experiencing flashbacks of Pat's crash.
- Annie - Sheila Mercier
- Matt - Frederick Pyne
- Amos - Ronald Magill
- Mr. Wilks - Arthur Pentelow
- Jack - Clive Hornby
- Joe - Frazer Hines
- Dolly - Jean Rogers
- Sam - Benjamin Whitehead
- Jackie - Ian Sharrock
- Sandie - Jane Hutcheson
- Revd. Donald Hinton - Hugh Manning
- Seth - Stan Richards
- Alan Turner - Richard Thorp
- Mrs. Bates - Diana Davies
- Tom - Jack Carr
- Janie Harker - Lesley Duff
- Final appearance of Lesley Duff as Janie Harker.
- Last appearance of Tom Merrick until 27th January 1988.
- This episode features an appearance of Helen Weir as Pat Sugden in a flashback showing extra footage of Pat's car crash. Helen Weir was uncredited for the appearance.
- The end credits were shown over an image of Jack Sugden walking through a field.
|September 1986 episodes|
|← Tue 2nd • Thu 4th • Tue 9th • Thu 11th • Tue 16th |
Thu 18th • Tue 23rd • Thu 25th • Tue 30th →