Jackie has spent the night in the police cells but has been released on bail. He is facing an assault charge. Matt sympathises, as it reminds him of his arrest and short time in jail a year earlier. Kathy Bates also faces a charge. Caroline reminds her she has a job to hang on to. Jock jokes to Jackie about pleading insanity to his charge. A convoy of workmen is making its way up to Pencross Fell, unaware of what the villagers have in store. Jackie stands near a bridge watching the protest. Jock drops some hay on the road to block the builders. They win this protest and go to The Woolpack for a celebratory drink.
- Annie Sugden - Sheila Mercier
- Matt Skilbeck - Frederick Pyne
- Amos Brearly - Ronald Magill
- Henry Wilks - Arthur Pentelow
- Jack Sugden - Clive Hornby
- Joe Sugden - Frazer Hines
- Dolly Skilbeck - Jean Rogers
- Rev Donald Hinton - Hugh Manning
- Jackie Merrick - Ian Sharrock
- Sandie Merrick - Jane Hutcheson
- Alan Turner - Richard Thorp
- Mrs Bates - Diana Davies
- Seth Armstrong - Stan Richards
- Kathy Bates - Malandra Burrows
- Nick Bates - Cy Chadwick
- Phil Pearce - Peter Alexander
- Jock MacDonald - Drew Dawson
- Archie Brooks - Tony Pitts
- Sam Skilbeck - Benjamin Whitehead
- Robert Sugden - Richard Smith
- Emmerdale Farm - Sheep shed, exterior, family room, field
- Pencross Fell
- Emmerdale Farm Barn Conversion - Family room
- Victoria Cottage - Kitchen, family room
- Unknown roads
- The Woolpack - Bar
- Home Farm - Office
Jack Sugden: "Have you thought about how you're gonna plead?"
Kathy Glover: "Oh don't start us off, will ya?"
'Jackie Merrick: "We just had a row about that."
Jock MacDonald: "So what's it gonna be, insanity?"
|May 1987 episodes|
|← Tue 5th • Thu 7th • Tue 12th • Thu 14th |
Tue 19th • Thu 21st • Tue 26th • Thu 28th →