The stray horse is still running loose around Beckindale. Annie is cooking a pork dinner for guests at Emmerdale Farm, but is told that Hinton's friend Lionel is a rabbi. Annie asks Dolly if she can eat the pork now, so she can cook something else for dinner tonight. A case of mistaken identity gives Sandie a horrible shock. Eric is laying asleep on the sofa at the mill. Sandie mistakes him for Phil but it is Eric. She is frightened. Eric leaves. Phil asks why she hates Eric so much. Sandie then tells Phil that several months ago, when she got Eric sacked from his job, he was the one stalking her and he threatened her with a poker. Phil vows to sort Eric out. The dinner has been held at Emmerdale. Phil confronts Eric in The Woolpack, grabbing him by the chest, saying never to come to the mill again.
- Annie Sugden - Sheila Mercier
- Matt Skilbeck - Frederick Pyne
- Amos Brearly - Ronald Magill
- Henry Wilks - Arthur Pentelow
- Jack Sugden - Clive Hornby
- Joe Sugden - Frazer Hines
- Dolly Skilbeck - Jean Rogers
- Rev. Donald Hinton - Hugh Manning
- Sandie Merrick - Jane Hutcheson
- Jackie Merrick - Ian Sharrock
- Alan Turner - Richard Thorp
- Seth Armstrong - Stan Richards
- Phil Pearce - Peter Alexander
- Kathy Bates - Malandra Burrows
- Ruth Pennington - Julia Chambers
- Eric Pollard - Christopher Chittell
- Jock MacDonald - Drew Dawson
- Sam Skilbeck - Benjamin Whitehead
- A piano version of the theme tune is played instead of the usual version.
- Footage from Episode 1145 (30th April 1987) is shown when Sandie recounts Eric menacing her with the poker to Phil.
|November 1987 episodes|
|• Tue 3rd • Thu 5th • Tue 10th • Thu 12th • Tue 17th • Thu 19th • Tue 24th • Thu 26th|