Annie invites Dry for breakfast. Joe still can't take to him. Henry's old business acquaintance Franklin Prescott and his wife Diana turn up at The Woolpack. Franklin causes a scene between him and Diana. Annie, Joe, Henry, Sam, Matt and Alison sit down to dinner at the farm. Joe's suspicious when a gap in a wall is filled in on the farm and neither Matt, Sam or Henry have done it. Annie tells him Dry did it. Christine meets Dry on a country lane and gives him some money. Dry invites her to his tent which he has just moved to a more sheltered area. Joe's surprised when he goes to thank Dry for his help with the wall and discovers his tent has gone. He thinks Dry has moved on despite saying he plans to stay in the area. They suspect that he may not have liked the company he kept round here. Sally and Sam visit the farm. Franklin and Diana disagree over plans for the cottage. Sam speculates over who has gone into partnership with Amos at The Woolpack and ponders if it's Ethel.
- Annie - Sheila Mercier
- Joe - Frazer Hines
- Matt - Frederick Pyne
- Sam - Toke Townley
- Wilks - Arthur Pentelow
- Amos - Ronald Magill
- Dryden - Roy Boyd
- Alison - Carolyn Moody
- Christine - Angela Cheyne
- Diana - Zibba Mays
- The Woolpack - Public bar
- Crossthwaites Cottage - Living room
- Emmerdale Farm - Farmhouse kitchen/living room, Yard
- Unknown road
- First appearances of Franklin and Diana Prescott.
- TV Times synopsis: Amos Brearly's interest in Mrs. Ainsworth could endanger his business partnership with Henry Wilks, meanwhile, the new tenant of Beryl Crosswaite's cottage arrives.
- This episode was included on the following commercial releases:
|February 1974 episodes|
|• Mon 4th • Tue 5th • Mon 11th • Tue 12th • Mon 18th • Tue 19th • Mon 25th • Tue 26th|