Chris has been up all night trying to find an alternative for the lost contract and asks Kathy not to mention it to Kim. Henry is feeling lonely on his own at The Woolpack and jumps at the chance to accompany Annie in Hotten to shop for dinner. Jack receives a letter complaining about the farm's 'Beware of the bull' sign stating they're misleading people who want to use the right of way by saying there's a bull in the field when there isn't. He decides to take it down. Gary reveals his plans for The Woolpack to Alan but he isn't happy. Rachel tells Michael she doesn't want to spoil anything now they're friends again. Gary sets Alan up a meeting with Charlie Aindow. Kathy goes against Chris's wishes and tells Kim about the lost contract when she suspects something is wrong and explains how they're set to lose a large sum of money. Henry tells Annie he plans to stay on at The Woolpack and keep an eye on Alan's ideas. Seth struggles to find somewhere to drink while The Woolpack is closed. Elsa isn't pleased when Nick receives a letter saying Caroline is coming to stay for a while. They argue. Alan and Elizabeth have dinner together but Alan worries that he is being too forward when Elizabeth is cool with him after he confides in her about Caroline. Nick frets as he comes close to hitting Alice when she won't stop crying.
- Annie Sugden - Sheila Mercier
- Mr Wilks - Arthur Pentelow
- Jack Sugden - Clive Hornby (uncredited)
- Alan Turner - Richard Thorp (uncredited)
- Seth - Stan Richards
- Kathy Merrick - Malandra Burrows
- Nick Bates - Cy Chadwick
- Mark Hughes - Craig McKay
- Rachel Hughes - Glenda McKay
- Kim Tate - Claire King
- Christopher Tate - Peter Amory
- Zoe Tate - Leah Bracknell
- Sarah - Madeleine Howard
- Archie - Tony Pitts
- Michael Feldmann - Matthew Vaughan
- Alice Bates - Kimberly Hewitt (uncredited)
- Unknown road
- Home Farm - Sitting room, stables and kitchen
- The Woolpack - Public bar
- Emmerdale Farm - Cottage and farmhouse kitchen
- Fish & Game Farm
- Main Street
- Village Hall - Exterior
- 3 Demdyke Row - Downstairs rooms
- Victoria Cottage - Front room
- This episode was released on the following commercial releases:
Archie Brooks: "'Ave you ever thought you might 'ave a drink problem?"
Seth Armstrong: "I 'ave got a drink problem! And I will 'ave' until Turner opens that flamin' Woolpack again."
Michael Feldmann: "We an't interrupted owt 'ave we?"
Nick Bates: "Oh no. Anyway, it'll be nice to speak to somebody without havin' to go goo-goo or da-da."
Rachel Hughes: "Well, that counts you out then, Mark."
|March 1991 episodes|
|• Tue 5th • Thu 7th • Tue 12th • Thu 14th • Tue 19th • Thu 21st • Tue 26th • Thu 28th|