Amos feigns being unable to talk after his choking incident. Henry cancels his plans to visit Marian to look after him. Amos confesses to Annie that he's feigning his illness in order to put Henry off going to see Marian as she's planning to visit Beckindale. Annie and Joe help him make plans. As New Year's Eve arrives, The Woolpack is packed out and at five minutes to midnight, Marian arrives at the pub with Matt, Annie, Joe and Sam in a car. As the clock strikes midnight, Matt and Joe distract Henry as Annie and Sam bring Marian into the pub and surprise him. He's thrilled. The villagers join together to sing 'Auld Lang Syne'.
- Annie - Sheila Mercier
- Joe - Frazer Hines
- Sam - Toke Townley
- Matt - Frederick Pyne
- Wilks - Arthur Pentelow
- Amos - Ronald Magill
- Norah - Barbara Ashcroft
- Marian - Gail Harrison
- Beckindale village
- The Woolpack - Public bar
- Beckindale Shop - Shop floor, Exterior
- Emmerdale Farm - Farmhouse kitchen/living room
- First appearance of Gail Harrison as Marian Wilks since 16th January 1973.
- The end credits for this episode are superimposed over an image of The Woolpack at night.
|December 1974 episodes|
|← Mon 2nd • Tue 3rd • Mon 9th • Tue 10th |
Mon 16th • Tue 17th • Mon 30th • Tue 31st →