It is the day of Vic's funeral. Kelly and Viv are at each other's throats. Following the funeral, tensions run high and Kelly and Viv have a massive argument, reducing Viv to a flood of tears. Meanwhile, Chris continues his amateur sleuthing and notices something very odd about Kim's behaviour. Elsewhere, a detective finishes taking Andy's statement and tells the terrified youngster he could have been in very serious trouble, while Lisa lays into Zak with a few home truths
- Viv Windsor - Deena Payne
- Kelly Windsor - Adele Silva
- Scott Windsor - Ben Freeman
- Donna Windsor - Verity Rushworth
- Jack Sugden - Clive Hornby
- Sarah Sugden - Alyson Spiro
- Robert Sugden - Christopher Smith
- Andy Hopwood - Kelvin Fletcher
- Ned Glover - Johnny Leeze
- Christopher Tate - Peter Amory
- Laura Johnstone - Louise Beattie
- Zak Dingle - Steve Halliwell
- Lisa Dingle - Jane Cox
- Butch Dingle - Paul Loughran
- Marlon Dingle - Mark Charnock
- Mandy Dingle - Lisa Riley
- Kim Marchant - Claire King
- Zoe Tate - Leah Bracknell
- Betty Eagleton - Paula Tilbrook
- Seth Armstrong - Stan Richards
- Biff Fowler - Stuart Wade
- Kathy Glover - Malandra Burrows
- Eric Pollard - Christopher Chittell
- Rev Ashley Thomas - John Middleton
- Terry Woods - Billy Hartman
- Will Cairns - Paul Fox
- Lyn Hutchinson - Sally Walsh
- Rachel Hughes - Glenda McKay
- Alan Turner - Richard Thorp
- Graham Clark - Kevin Pallister
- Roy Glover - Nicky Evans
- Victoria Sugden - Hannah Midgley (uncredited)
- Emmerdale Village Store & Post Office - Backroom
- Melby Farm - Kitchen and barn
- Home Farm - Living room
- Wishing Well Cottage - Living room/kitchen
- Pear Tree Cottage - Living room/kitchen
- St. Mary's Church - Nave/altar
- The Woolpack - Public bar
- Main Street
- This New Year's Eve episode was broadcast at the early time of 5:40pm.
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 9,630,000 viewers (21st place).
Eric Pollard: "I hear that homicidal maniac Billy Hopwood's been taken into custody."
Kathy Glover: "Poor Andy. Must've been dreadful for him."
Eric Pollard: "Poor Andy? Hahaha. Poor Vic, he's the one that's dead."
Chris Tate: "I think we appreciate that. It is why we're here, after all."
Eric Pollard: "Ah, but do you appreciate that it was that little thug Andy that was hiding his father all along?"
Kathy Glover: "Look, Andy's a good kid. Billy Hopwood must've forced him."
Eric Pollard: "Yeah. I blame it on those Sugdens. Letting those boys run riot."
(Ned grabs Eric by the collar)
Ned Glover: "If I hear anymore of this poisonous drivel, we'll be going to your funeral. All right?"
Kim Tate: (to Eric) "Somehow I don't think you'd get such a big turnout, do you?"
|December 1998 episodes|
|← Tue 1st • Wed 2nd • Thu 3rd • Tue 8th • Wed 9th • Thu 10th • Tue 15th • Wed 16th • Thu 17th
Mon 21st • Tue 22nd • Wed 23rd • Thu 24th • Fri 25th • Tue 29th • Wed 30th • Thu 31st →