Annie has a serious talk to Martin and has doubts about her election as Church Warden. Edward gives Jim a talking to over his attitude to his family. Jim says how he does not like being told how to run a farm by his own son when Edward says you should listen to young people as they have a say in the world they are going to live in. Edward makes his final sermon in church.
- Joe Sugden - Frazer Hines
- Kathy Gimbel - Polly Hemingway
- Sam Pearson - Toke Townley
- Annie Sugden - Sheila Mercier
- Matt Skilbeck - Frederick Pyne
- Amos Brearly - Ronald Magill
- Henry Wilks - Arthur Pentelow
- Liz Ruskin - Daphne Green
- Edward Ruskin - George Little
- Rosemary Kendall - Lesley Manville
- Martin Gimbel - George Fenton
- Jim Gimbel - John Atkinson
- Freda Gimbel - Mary Henry
- Final appearance of Daphne Green as Liz Ruskin.
- Last appearance of George Little as Edward Ruskin until 17th May 1983.
- Following this episode, the programme took a summer break and returned on 13th October 1975.
|May 1975 episodes|
|• Mon 5th • Tue 6th • Mon 12th • Tue 13th • Mon 19th • Tue 20th|