Zak is disappointed when Marlon, Seth and Sam arrange to go fishing without him, but little does he know that it is all a carefully arranged charade for his benefit. He is pleased when they agree to let him accompany them on their trip, but his excitement turns to panic when they arrive at the hospital and he learns that an appointment has been made for him to see an urologist. Lisa is horrified when Betty reveals why Zak has been acting so strangely and rushes off to see her husband. With their relationship back on track, Lisa and Zak await the results of the ultrasound. They were terrified when the doctor revealed that the news is not good - the lump is likely to be cancer, and they will need to operate. Zoe is annoyed when Charity turns down her invitation to spend the evening with her, in favour of going out to dinner with Chris. Latisha enlists Terry's help to persuade Alan to employ her at the B&B. And Ollie tells Cain that she doesn't want him near her house in case their relationship is discovered by her parents.
- Zak Dingle - Steve Halliwell
- Seth Armstrong - Stan Richards
- Betty Eagleton - Paula Tilbrook
- Marlon Dingle - Mark Charnock
- Sam Dingle - James Hooton
- Charity Dingle - Emma Atkins
- Christopher Tate - Peter Amory
- Viv Hope - Deena Payne
- Alan Turner - Richard Thorp
- Bob Hope - Antony Audenshaw
- Latisha Daggert - Danielle Henry
- Zoe Tate - Leah Bracknell
- Diane Blackstock - Elizabeth Estensen
- Terry Woods - Billy Hartman
- Sean Reynolds - Stephen McGann
- Cain Dingle - Jeff Hordley
- Cynthia Daggert - Kay Purcell
- Lisa Dingle - Jane Cox
- Gloria Weaver - Janice McKenzie
- Ollie Reynolds - Vicky Binns
- A receptionist is uncredited despite a line of dialogue.
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 9,220,000 viewers (9th place).