Marlon’s faced with making the biggest decision of his life after doctors advise him on Tricia’s condition. Utterly heartbroken, Marlon stares lovingly at his wife, as her fate lies in his hands. Taking a break from the hospital, Marlon goes for a walk in the village to put things into perspective. He is forced to contemplate life without his beloved wife Tricia. After reflecting on the situation Marlon returns to the hospital to inform the doctors that it is time to switch off his wife's life support machine. With the trial looming Charity is determined not to get to prison and attempts to work her magic with Zoe. But unfortunately her efforts only rile Zoe who she sees straight through her callous motives. Debbie moves into Pear Tree Cottage with Charity and while Cain moves her things in he and Charity take advantage of the empty house. Excited by the prospect of coming home to his wife and baby boy, Terry packs up his belongings and prepares to leave the hospital. Unsteady on his feet, he accepts things are going to be very different from now on and tells Bob he hates being treated like an invalid. Forced to come to terms with his disability, Terry reluctantly acknowledges the road to recovery will be long.
- Marlon Dingle - Mark Charnock
- Terry Woods - Billy Hartman
- Alan Turner - Richard Thorp
- Steph Stokes - Lorraine Chase
- Charity Tate - Emma Atkins
- Cain Dingle - Jeff Hordley
- Debbie Jones - Charley Webb
- Tricia Dingle - Sheree Murphy
- Zak Dingle - Steve Halliwell
- Lisa Dingle - Jane Cox
- Sam Dingle - James Hooton
- Zoe Tate - Leah Bracknell
- Bob Hope - Tony Audenshaw
- Viv Hope - Deena Payne
- Diane Blackstock - Elizabeth Estensen
- Siobhan Marsden - Abigail Fisher
- Final appearance of Sheree Murphy as Tricia Dingle.
- Bell, Book and Candle by Boo Hewerdine plays when Marlon makes the decision to switch off Tricia's life support machine.
- The end credits roll as the doctors take Tricia away, with Marlon tearfully watching on. The end music is also replaced with Bell, Book and Candle.
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 10,700,000 viewers (12th place).
|January 2004 episodes|
| • Thu 1st • Fri 2nd • Sun 4th • Mon 5th • Tue 6th • Wed 7th • Thu 8th • Fri 9th • Sun 11th • Mon 12th • Tue 13th|
• Wed 14th • Thu 15th • Fri 16th • Sun 18th • Mon 19th • Tue 20th • Wed 21st • Thu 22nd • Fri 23rd • Sun 25th
• Mon 26th • Tue 27th • Wed 28th • Thu 29th • Fri 30th