After leaving Siobhan in The Woolpack, Paul tries to patch things up with Carl by helping him fix the guttering. As the pair lark about on the roof, Carl throws something at Paul, but as Paul tries to catch it, he loses his footing. Carl watches in horror as Paul falls to the ground below. Carl climbs down and checks on Paul, but is left devastated when he discovers Paul is dead. In a blind panic, Carl goes to Jimmy and Matthew for assistance and the brothers decide to make Paul's death look like an accident by moving him to his own garden. Elsewhere in the village, Tom and Charity celebrate their engagement party at The Woolpack. Later, Siobhan returns from the pub with Chloe and is horror-stricken to find her husband's lifeless body. As Siobhan desperately cradles Paul, Chloe tearfully rings for an ambulance. Chas makes the most of the free flowing bar and after one too many drinks Cain is forced to take her home. Sadie seizes the opportunity to wind Charity up about her family's behaviour. Meanwhile, Dawn loses patience with her mum when she keeps reminding her that she is entitled to half the value of Terry’s house now that they are separated.
- Carl King - Tom Lister
- Matthew King - Matt Healy
- Jimmy King - Nick Miles
- Jean Hope - Julie Higginson
- Bob Hope - Tony Audenshaw
- Viv Hope - Deena Payne
- Sadie King - Patsy Kensit
- Charity Tate - Emma Atkins
- Tom King - Ken Farrington
- Edna Birch - Shirley Stelfox
- Emily Kirk - Kate McGregor
- Len Reynolds - Peter Martin
- Jarvis Skelton - Richard Moore
- Dawn Woods - Julia Mallam
- TJ Woods - Connor Lee (uncredited)
- Terry Woods - Billy Hartman
- Chas Dingle - Lucy Pargeter
- Sydney Woolfe - Nathan Gladwell
- Paul Marsden - Matthew Booth
- Siobhan Marsden - Abigail Fisher
- Diane Blackstock - Elizabeth Estensen
- Chloe Atkinson - Amy Nuttall
- Danny Daggert - Cleveland Campbell
- Marlon Dingle - Mark Charnock
- Pearl Ladderbanks - Meg Johnson
- Lisa Dingle - Jane Cox
- Sam Dingle - James Hooton
- Shadrach Dingle - Andy Devine
- Val Lambert - Charlie Hardwick
- Cain Dingle - Jeff Hordley
- King & Sons - Building yard
- Café Hope - Upstairs flat (living room/kitchen) and café
- Holdgate Farm - Hallway, kitchen, dining room, living room, driveway and back garden
- Hotten General Hospital - Ward
- The Woolpack - Public bar and beer garden
- Hotten Road
- Club in Hotten - Bar
- Final appearance of Matthew Booth as Paul Marsden.
- This was a one-hour episode.
- An ominous piece of music plays as the King brothers move Paul's body.
- The Closest Thing to Crazy by Katie Melua, which plays at Tom and Charity's engagement party, also plays over the shot of Siobhan cradling Paul's body.
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 7,311,000 viewers (16th place).
|July 2004 episodes|
| • Thu 1st • Fri 2nd • Mon 5th • Tue 6th • Wed 7th • Thu 8th • Fri 9th • Sun 11th • Mon 12th • Tue 13th • Wed 14th|
• Thu 15th • Fri 16th • Sun 18th • Mon 19th • Tue 20th • Wed 21st • Thu 22nd • Fri 23rd • Sun 25th • Mon 26th
• Tue 27th • Wed 28th • Thu 29th • Fri 30th