Zak notes Sam’s agony over Alice’s departure and after visiting Butch and Ben’s graves he returns in a new frame of mind, telling his son he must not miss his opportunity to be happy. They drive to the train station and Sam makes a dash for a train. The station master refuses to let Sam board without a ticket but after a threat from Zak he gives in. Sam is finally reunited with Alice and bids an emotional farewell to his family as the couple disappear to embark on a new life together. Elsewhere, Jimmy feels undermined by Tom at work and he accuses Sadie of failing to support him. Sadie warns her husband not to take Tom on, but Jimmy rebuffs her for sounding more like his father everyday. Charity witnesses the whole exchange and swoops in on Jimmy with the intention of manipulating the situation to her advantage. Meanwhile, Tom tells Max that he can live in Jacob's Fold but that he will need a job in order to pay the rent each month. Despite his father's words, Max rejects a job from Paddy and furious Tom is forced to make it clear that he will accept the work whether he likes it or not.
- Lisa Dingle - Jane Cox
- Sam Dingle - James Hooton
- Tom King - Ken Farrington
- Jimmy King - Nick Miles
- Sadie King - Patsy Kensit
- Cain Dingle - Jeff Hordley
- Zak Dingle - Steve Halliwell
- Debbie Dingle - Charley Webb
- Chloe Atkinson - Amy Nuttall
- Paddy Kirk - Dominic Brunt
- Max King - Charlie Kemp
- Danny Daggert - Cleveland Campbell
- Charity Tate - Emma Atkins
- Emily Kirk - Kate McGregor
- Alice Wilson - Ursula Holden-Gill
- Last appearance of Sam Dingle until 20th July 2005 and Alice Wilson until 25th July 2005.
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 10,402,000 viewers (11th place).
|January 2005 episodes|
|← Sun 2nd • Mon 3rd • Tue 4th • Wed 5th • Thu 6th • Fri 7th • Sun 9th • Mon 10th • Tue 11th • Wed 12th|
Thu 13th • Fri 14th • Sun 16th • Mon 17th • Tue 18th • Wed 19th • Thu 20th • Fri 21st • Sun 23rd • Mon 24th
Tue 25th • Wed 26th • Thu 27th • Fri 28th • Sun 30th • Mon 31st →