Betty and Laurel are waiting at the airport for Seth and Kathy’s flight to land, but as passengers disembark the flight, there is no sign of him. Betty is concerned when there is a tannoy announcement asking her to the information desk. She is ushered into an office where she sees Kathy. Her tearstained face says it all as Kathy confirms that Seth died from a heart attack during the flight, just an hour from home. They head back to the village and Betty bravely announces the news in the pub. She orders a drink and raises a toast to Seth. Adam invites Steph for a drink at The Woolpack but she reminds him that she wants to take things slowly. It is clear they are both happy to have things back to normal. Meanwhile, Delilah is attempting to secure the curtain contract. It is doubly tricky because Carl knows she fancies him and enjoys watching her squirm. He eventually gives in and lets her have the Home Farm contract.
- Betty Eagleton - Paula Tilbrook
- Edna Birch - Shirley Stelfox
- Laurel Potts - Charlotte Bellamy
- Carl King - Tom Lister
- Delilah Dingle - Hayley Tamaddon
- Alan Turner - Richard Thorp
- Steph Stokes - Lorraine Chase
- Ashley Thomas - John Middleton
- Bob Hope - Tony Audenshaw
- Louise Appleton - Emily Symons
- DC Crowe - Graeme Hawley
- Kayleigh Gibbs - Lily Jane Stead
- Sam Dingle - James Hooton
- Alice Wilson - Ursula Marsden
- Emily Kirk - Kate McGregor
- Debbie Dingle - Charley Webb
- Sarah Sugden - Lucy Warren (uncredited)
- Dr Adam Forsythe - Richard Shelton
- Victoria Sugden - Hannah Midgley
- Zak Dingle - Steve Halliwell
- Val Lambert - Charlie Hardwick
- Lisa Dingle - Jane Cox
- Marlon Dingle - Mark Charnock
- Kathy Brookman - Malandra Burrows
- First appearance of Kathy Glover, now known as Kathy Brookman, since 20th December 2001, although her voice can be heard in the previous episode, for which Malandra Burrows is credited.
- This episode was broadcast at the slightly earlier time of 6.50pm.
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 8,380,000 viewers (17th place).