The villagers are busy preparing for Seth’s funeral but Betty remains adamant that she will not be going. A crate of booze arrives care of Kim Tate. Meanwhile, Betty seeks sanctuary in Seth's hide, where she chides him for leaving her. As if answering her, Biff arrives and asks Betty why she isn’t ready for the crematorium. Biff explains Seth would only ever have Betty's best interests at heart and surely stayed away so long because he wanted to spare Betty having to see him suffer. Betty begins to come round, but says she doesn’t like the idea of Seth being cremated as it feels too final. She’d rather wait and think about the best way to say goodbye to him. Biff agrees they can put a halt on the proceedings. The villagers are shocked by the announcement that the cremation is cancelled. As Betty insists on buying everybody a drink and asks them to join her in raising a toast to Seth Armstrong, Eric and Alan remember fond moments and Sam reads a poem. Betty reminisces about Seth as she sits in The Woolpack.
- Alan Turner - Richard Thorp
- Betty Eagleton - Paula Tilbrook
- Lisa Dingle - Jane Cox
- Zak Dingle - Steve Halliwell
- Shadrach Dingle - Andy Devine
- Sam Dingle - James Hooton
- Marlon Dingle - Mark Charnock
- Louise Appleton - Emily Symons
- Eric Pollard - Christopher Chittell
- Laurel Potts - Charlotte Bellamy
- Bob Hope - Tony Audenshaw
- Biff Fowler - Stuart Wade
- Jarvis Skelton - Richard Moore
- Viv Windsor - Deena Payne
- Rodney Blackstock - Patrick Mower
- Edna Birch - Shirley Stelfox
- Ashley Thomas - John Middleton
- Terry Woods - Billy Hartman
- Andy Sugden - Kelvin Fletcher
- Kathy Brookman - Malandra Burrows
- Keepers Cottage - Living room
- Wishing Well Cottage - Downstairs rooms
- The Woolpack - Kitchen, hallway, bar, exterior
- Seth's hide
- Unknown footpath
- Main Street
- Final appearance of Malandra Burrows as Kathy Brookman.
- First appearance of Biff Fowler since 5th August 1999 and final appearance of Stuart Wade in the role.
- A special piano arrangement of the theme tune was played over the end credits.
- This episode refers back to the plane crash, showing Alan telling everyone at the Woolpack during Seth's wake about how he barred Seth from the pub and expressed how worried he was, thinking that he had sent Seth to his death.
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 9,210,000 viewers (12th place).