Jimmy confronts Jack over his involvement in Shadrach’s antics. Jack is pleased to have wound Jimmy up, but denies any part when a digger attacks the show house. The pair exchange words outside The Woolpack and things are about to get violent before Diane separates them. Jimmy tells Carl that the show house will be ready in time. Meanwhile, Viv is told that she could never carry a baby even if she became pregnant. She gets upset, feeling that she has failed Bob. In an attempt to cheer her up Bob resorts to the only option they have left. Elsewhere, Len is angry and upset that nobody told him about Pearl’s problems. Later, he and Danny ring around, desperate to find her.
- Shadrach Dingle - Andy Devine
- Jimmy King - Nick Miles
- Carl King - Tom Lister
- Viv Hope - Deena Payne
- Len Reynolds - Peter Martin
- Danny Daggert - Cleveland Campbell
- Bob Hope - Tony Audenshaw
- Dawn Woods - Julia Mallam
- Delilah Dingle - Hayley Tamaddon
- Diane Sugden - Elizabeth Estensen
- Jack Sugden - Clive Hornby
- Tom King - Ken Farrington
- Edna Birch - Shirley Stelfox
- Jo Stiles - Roxanne Pallett
- Hari Prasad - John Nayagam
- Eric Pollard - Christopher Chittell
- Ivan Jones - Daniel Brocklebank
- Simon Meredith - Dale Meeks
- Cain Dingle - Jeff Hordley
- Sadie King - Patsy Kensit
- Matthew King - Matt Healy
- Katie Sugden - Sammy Winward
- Betty Eagleton - Paula Tilbrook
- Main Street
- Post Office/Café Hope - Café, flat
- The Woolpack - Bar, exterior
- Home Farm - Office
- Emmerdale Veterinary Centre - Reception
- Hotten General - Waiting area
- Butlers Farm - Yard, barn
- King's River construction site - Construction site
- Jacobs Fold - Downstairs rooms
- This episode aired at the later time of 10:05pm due to World Cup Schedules.
- A couple who leave the nurse's office are both uncredited despite each having a line of dialogue.
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 4,950,000 viewers (30th place).
Jack Sugden: "I don't appreciate being spoken to like that by you or anyone. And your son's got a serious deficiency up here."
Tom King: "You want to compare sons?"
Diane Sugden: "Sorry, Tom, get in line. You'll get your chance after a brief interlude featuring scenes of domestic disharmony."