Tom plays peacemaker and forces Edna and Lily to talk to each other. Lily berates Edna for not letting her have Peter back, especially as she was unable to have anymore children. Elsewhere, Steph is in high spirits after meeting with her solicitor, still confident she’ll get off. Alan is less optimistic, worried what the media will make of the trial and how his daughter will cope. Meanwhile, Jamie’s illegal meat suppliers give Marlon pork instead of veal, ruining his veal stew that he’s prepared for the Gastronomic Society lunch. Marlon tries to serve the stew with pork but Val becomes suspicious when they begin to get complaints.
- Edna Birch - Shirley Stelfox
- Marlon Dingle - Mark Charnock
- Val Lambert - Charlie Hardwick
- Tom King - Ken Farrington
- Lily Butterfield - Anne Charleston
- Donna Windsor-Dingle - Verity Rushworth
- Stephanie Forsythe - Lorraine Chase
- Len Reynolds - Peter Martin
- Eric Pollard - Christopher Chittell
- Jamie Hope - Alex Carter
- Alan Turner - Richard Thorp
- Betty Eagleton - Paula Tilbrook
- Hari Prasad - John Nayagam
- Jo Stiles - Roxanne Pallett
- Laurel Thomas - Charlotte Bellamy
- Ashley Thomas - John Middleton
- Tonicha Daggert - Kerry Stacey
- Louise Appleton - Emily Symons
- Eve Birch - Raine Davison
- John McNally - Steven Farebrother
- Anthony Lee - Peter Rylands
- James Jenson - Ben Peyton
- Peter Birch - Philip Bird
- Hotel - Edna's room, reception and exterior
- The Woolpack - Kitchen and public bar
- Emmerdale Village Store & Post Office - Shop floor and exterior
- Keepers Cottage - Living room
- Emmerdale Veterinary Centre - Consulting room
- Mulberry Cottage - Kitchen and living room
- Woodbine Cottage - Living room and hallway
- Last appearance of Lily Butterfield until 18th October 2007.
- Last appearance of Eve Birch until 2nd April 2010 and final appearance of Raine Davison in the role. When Eve next appeared, she was played by Suzanne Shaw.
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 8,870,000 viewers (13th place).
Val Lambert (to Louise Appleton): "If I wasn't working you'd be over this bar, you flaxen, feckless trollop."
Hari Prasad: "Whoa, back off, Val, please. This lady's with me."
Val Lambert: "Lady?! She's no lady. If she's a lady, I'm the Queen Mother."
Jo Stiles: "But ain't she dead?"