Ashley and Laurel venture out into the village but immediately regret it as they begin to attract knowing looks from other villagers. Seeing Greg and Jake in the pub, Ashley questions whether Mel will be back before the hearing. Jake retorts angrily, blaming Ashley for her disappearance. Elsewhere, Donna tells Marlon about Viv and Bob’s arrest and struggles to hide her guilt from him. Viv and Bob are bailed at the magistrate’s court and ordered to attend a preliminary trial hearing next week. Viv is still angry with Donna and goes to the pub to escape her family’s questions. Meanwhile, Nicola continues to badger Paddy over her job but he is preoccupied ahead of his court appearance. When she lies to Ross that Paddy no longer needs a lift, Paddy is furious with his cousin’s no-show and is forced to accept a lift from Nicola.
- Paddy Kirk - Dominic Brunt
- Nicola De Souza - Nicola Wheeler
- Ross Kirk - Samuel Anderson
- Donna Windsor-Dingle - Verity Rushworth
- Marlon Dingle - Mark Charnock
- Jamie Hope - Alex Carter
- Jasmine Thomas - Jenna-Louise Coleman
- Miles De Souza - Ayden Callaghan
- Ashley Thomas - John Middleton
- Laurel Thomas - Charlotte Bellamy
- Jake Doland - James Baxter
- Greg Doland - Shaun Prendergast
- Chas Dingle - Lucy Pargeter
- Rodney Blackstock - Patrick Mower
- Louise Appleton - Emily Symons
- Cathy Hope - Gabrielle Dowling (uncredited)
- Heath Hope - Sebastian Dowling (uncredited)
- Viv Hope - Deena Payne
- Bob Hope - Tony Audenshaw
- Diane Sugden - Elizabeth Estensen
- No episode was broadcast on Wednesday 14th May, due to football coverage.
- This episode was immediately followed by Episode 4987. Unlike usual double episodes, this episode and the following episode each had their own separate cast lists.
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 6,510,000 viewers (16th place).