Donald is wary of Carl and Anna's bickering when they disagree over going into business with Matthew. Donald cooks an elaborate meal for them both and Anna thinks he's trying to play matchmaker. Donald and Anna argue, and Anna gets upset. Donald walks out, and Carl and Anna have a heart-to-heart, and he encourages her to make peace with her father. Carl leans in for a kiss, and she breaks it off but has mixed emotions. Eric has second thoughts about turning on his workforce after nobody turns up for the interview and he kneels to Lisa, who negotiates a wage increase for everyone. Eric realises there was a mistake about the interview time when a queue of people turn up for the interview. Eric rubs his hands in glee before Lisa warns him not to disregard their deal. Eric sticks to his deal with Lisa but takes on two more employees, Adele and Leyla. Daz is furious when he catches a drunk Victoria selling homemade alcopops after stealing vodka from The Woolpack. Daz covers for Victoria with Paul and feels sorry for her when she confesses she misses Jack. Also, Terry tells Diane about Rollercoaster Rod.
- Anna De Souza - Emma Davies
- Carl King - Tom Lister
- Matthew King - Matt Healy
- Donald De Souza - Michael Jayston
- Diane Sugden - Elizabeth Estensen
- Paul Lambert - Mathew Bose
- Victoria Sugden - Isabel Hodgins
- Eric Pollard - Christopher Chittell
- Lisa Dingle - Jane Cox
- Darren Eden - Luke Tittensor
- Lily Butterfield - Anne Charleston
- Leyla Harding - Rokhsaneh Ghawam-Shahidi
- Adele Allfrey - Tanya Vital
- Alan Turner - Richard Thorp
- Terry Woods - Billy Hartman
- Douglas Potts - Duncan Preston
- Robblesfield Way
- Holdgate Farm - Driveway, dining room, De Souza Enterprises office, living room and hallway
- The Woolpack - Public bar and stairway
- Pollard & Pollard - Factory floor and office
- Cricket Pavilion
- Wishing Well Cottage - Living room/kitchen
- Hotten Road
- The Grange B&B - Front garden
- Emmerdale Village Store & Post Office - Shop floor
- First appearances of Adele Allfrey and Leyla Harding.
- A girl Victoria sells alcohol to goes uncredited, in spite of a line of dialogue.
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 6,280,000 viewers (18th place).
|August 2008 episodes|
| Fri 1st • Mon 4th • Tue 5th • Wed 6th • Thu 7th • Fri 8th • Mon 11th • Tue 12th • Wed 13th |
Thu 14th • Fri 15th • Mon 18th • Tue 19th • Wed 20th • Thu 21st • Fri 22nd • Mon 25th
Tue 26th • Wed 27th • Thu 28th • Fri 29th