It's Sunday in Beckindale, but Jack finds he has a score to settle before he can rest and he's not the only man in the village nursing a grievance. Jack is annoyed that Paul has published libellous gossip about him in the papers, hinting that Jack is trying to split up his former lover's marriage, and that Jack was incestuous with Sharon. Jack says that Sharon was not immediate family, she was a distant cousin about 10 times removed. Jack pushes Paul into the pond, saying he is scum and belongs in the pond.
- Annie - Sheila Mercier
- Joe - Frazer Hines
- Sam - Toke Townley
- Matt - Frederick Pyne
- Dolly - Jean Rogers
- Wilks - Arthur Pentelow
- Amos - Ronald Magill
- Jack - Clive Hornby
- Rev. Donald Hinton - Hugh Manning
- Judy Westrop - Jane Cussons
- Pat Merrick - Helen Weir
- Seth Armstrong - Stan Richards
- Emmerdale Farm takes a summer break following this episode and returns on 2nd September 1980.
- Final appearance of Jane Cussons as Judy Westrop.
|July 1980 episodes|
|• Tue 1st • Thu 3rd • Tue 8th • Thu 10th • Tue 15th • Thu 17th|