Hotten Magistrates Court is a lower court, where almost all criminal proceedings start. Some civil matters are also decided here, notably family proceedings. If a serious crime is committed, it will be transferred to the crown court for sentencing, or a full trial and jury.
- June 1999: Inquest into Rachel Hughes's death.
- April 2006: Dawn Woods is given a custodial sentence for beneift fraud.
- March 2007: the King brothers are granted bail for the death of their father.
- August 2015: Rachel Breckle is given full custody of Archie Breckle.
- September 2015: Bob Hope gets a suspended sentence and 200 hours of community service for credit fraud.
- September 2015: Chrissie White pleads not guilty for the helicopter crash.
- March 2016: Gordon Livesy is granted bail for the childhood sexual abuse of son Aaron Dingle.