Italy (officially the Italian Republic is a European country consisting of a peninsula delimited by the Alps and surrounded by several islands. Italy is located in south-central Europe, and is also considered a part of western Europe. The capital city of Italy is Rome which is also its largest city.
- 16th October 1973 - Jack Sugden moves to Italy.
- 29th March 1976 - Jack returned to Beckindale from Italy.
- While in Italy, Marian Wilks met Paolo Rosetti, who divorced his first wife in 1985. Paolo and Marian were married by early 1987.
- 5th May 1987 - Marian gives birth to a son, Nicolo Rosetti, in Italy.
- 1987 - Diane Pearce moved to Italy.
- 1st September 1988 - After visiting her father in the village, Marian left for Italy again and Jack decided to come with her along with along with his son Robert.
- From 1995 to 2004, Paul Lambert lived in the italian city Sorrento with his partner Enzo.
- 23rd September 2004 - Val Lambert leaves Emmerdale for Italy following the revelation that her son Paul is Rodney Blackstock's son.