Mr. Cornwell was a chest specialist who checked over Sam Pearson in May 1982. Sam had been admitted to hospital for pneumonia and Mr. Cornwell performed an x-ray and gave Sam some antibiotics. The antibiotics caused Sam's to collapse and Sam had to undergo a bronchoscopy, where Mr. Cornwell found something blocking one of the tubes connected to Sam's lung. The unknown thing blocking the tube was removed, and it turned out to be an almond which had gotten lodged after being swallowed the wrong way.

Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.