In November 1991, Chris married Kathy Merrick but their marriage broke down after the plane crash in 1993 which rendered him paralysed. In December 1995, Chris married Rachel Hughes but their marriage lasted less than a year because of Chris's increasingly selfish and money-grabbing ways. The following year in May, Zoe has a commitment ceremony with Emma Nightingale which ended even quicker with Zoe having an affair with Emma's ex Susie.
In September 1996, Kim gave birth to her and Frank's son, James Tate. One by one, the original family thinned out; Frank died of a heart attack in 1997, Kim fled the village with James in 1999. The same year, Zoe and Chris discovered that Frank had fathered an illegitimate son Liam Hammond in 1961. However, he was fatally shot by Zoe in November 1999 after he kidnapped Chris.
In November 2001, Chris married former prostitute Charity Dingle, despite her having an affair with Zoe during their engagement. In January 2003, Zoe gave birth to her daughter Jean. Later that year, Chris discovered he had an inoperable brain tumour and committed suicide. In March the following year, Charity gave birth to Chris' son Noah but they left the village a year later. Zoe remained in the village until 2005 when she left the village for New Zealand alongside her daughter Jean and nephew Joseph.
Eight months later in October, Joe left the village to go on the run and Kim was released from prison and returned to Emmerdale. Her son, Jamie Tate, also came to Emmerdale in April 2019, and not long afterwards revealed he had a wife and daughter, Andrea and Millie.
- Frank Tate, married Jean Tate (1962) and Kim Barker (1986, 1994).
- Liam Hammond, son of Frank Tate and an unknown woman.
- Chris Tate, son of Frank and Jean Tate Sr., married Kathy Merrick (1991), Rachel Hughes (1995) and Charity Dingle (2001).
- Zoe Tate, daughter of Frank and Jean Tate Sr., married Emma Nightingale (1996).
- James Tate, son of Frank and Kim Tate; married Andrea Tate.
- 1st October 1937 - Frank Tate
- 16th January 1959 - Kim Barker
- 9th August 1961 - Liam Hammond
- 11th December 1963 - Chris Tate
- 29th September 1967 - Kathy Bates
- 27th April 1968 - Zoe Tate
- 16th September 1971 - Rachel Hughes
- 9th January 1976 - Charity Dingle
- 8th June 1995 - Joseph Tate
- 24th September 1996 - James Tate
- 24th January 2003 - Jean Tate Jr.
- 1st March 2004 - Noah Dingle
- 30th September 2014 - Millie Tate
- 1962 - Frank Tate and Jean Tate Sr.
- 7th March 1986 - Frank Tate and Kim Barker
- 5th November 1991 - Chris Tate and Kathy Merrick
- 22nd December 1994 - Frank Tate and Kim Barker (Second marriage)
- 7th December 1995 - Chris Tate and Rachel Hughes
- 16th May 1996 - Zoe Tate and Emma Nightingale
- 27th November 2001 - Chris Tate and Charity Dingle